The three most common reasons people will neglect the California registration process.
1. People are unaware of California registration laws.
2. People are evading payments of registration fees and taxes.
3. People are unable to comply with air pollution control laws.
When filing a report, please include the following information:
- State or province in which vehicle is registered. Mexican plates cannot be investigated without a physical address where the vehicle’s owner resides.
- Vehicle license number
- Date and time the vehicle was observed
- Make, model and color of the vehicle
- Location where the vehicle was observed (street(s) and city)
- Any additional comments and descriptive information
The CHP REG Program
Report vehicles with out-of-state license plates only.